OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
The Contract/Distributor Market & Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Marketing and Business Plans in the Contract Segment. In addition, this role will be responsible for the overall distribution network that includes sales, program, and market development. The role will be expected to achieve sales targets and growth by successfully managing through contract sales and distribution sales teams and building strong customer relationships.
Along with developing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands customer base and ensures strong industry presence, this role will actively participate in new product development, promotional materials creation, website management, channel & distributor marketing, and other related projects. This role will be expected to identify emerging market shifts that impact segment and offer strategic solutions or recommendations where necessary. This role will also manage recruitment, performance objectives and monitoring of sales team and distributors.
Position reports to the Managing Director – Global Coated Fabrics.
• Responsible for the development of a NA business strategy for the Contract Market & Distributor network. Include a fully integrated marketing and sales plan with clear direction, management, and positioning of key products and brands. The strategy should drive the alignment across all functions; sales, technical, finance, product management, and logistics.
• Market analysis including trends & dynamics, competition, market insights and technology developments leading to define compelling, winning strategies and action plans. Communicate to broader organization industry trends, market indices, competitive intelligence on a regular basis
• Responsible for understanding how their market segment(s) will develop and how best to position OMNOVA for long-term profitable growth. Includes recommendation on where to invest in people and how to invest research funds
• Specific focus places on NA distribution network. Identify key distributors in segment and establish those moving forward partnerships within the network designed to achieve the sales and profit goals required for segment. Develop specific marketing plans, sales programs, training, and continuing education requirements.
• Participate in new product development strategies, sales & marketing collateral, trade shows, website management & updates, and overall Brand Management; Boltaflex and Prefixx.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing – Business Administration or related field with 10 - 15 years of experience in the Contract Upholstery segment.
• Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies and initiatives. Market focus skills and strong growth orientation
• Market analysis skills and experience using data to form conclusions/recommendations for action
• Strong communications skills to present/justify marketing strategies and articulate value proposition of OMNOVA’s product portfolio
• Forward thinking with process orientation
• Financial and Business Acumen skills
• Demonstrated working experience within a matrix organization, and with cross-functional teams
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Power Point, Excel)
• Strong product knowledge and sub set end uses for Contract; OEM, Distributor, A&D
• Technical knowledge within the industry
• Strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
• Learning agility
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.