OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
Reporting to the General Manager of CAST, the Global Marketing Director – Adhesives and Sealants is responsible for identifying and exploiting new opportunities globally within the Adhesives and Sealants space to drive step-change top line growth within the segment.
The Global Marketing Director – Adhesives and Sealants will build and lead a global cross-functional team to drive growth and innovation leveraged by OMNOVA’s Marketing, Technology and Commercial Excellence along with our global manufacturing footprint to position OMNOVA as the leading supplier of high-value solutions to the industries we serve.
– Development of 3-year Strategic Plan grounded in sound Value Propositions and specific objectives to drive an aggressive growth strategy for key target segments.
– Provide thorough market analysis to identify market opportunities, trends, needs, and growth areas.
– Identify, develop and champion opportunities for new value added technologies, products and services.
– Define and develop attractive market opportunities by developing comprehensive marketing programs that differentiate OMNOVA from competition.
– Provide market intelligence to OMNOVA for continued market knowledge of target markets.
– Collaborate with Customers, Technology, Sales and other internal teams to drive innovation and commercialization of high-impact new product development projects.
– Execute and deliver on financial commitments for target markets
– Establish and maintain positive relationships with appropriate trade associations and key industry influencers.
Leadership and Development of Cross-functional Teams and Direct Reports
– Lead a team of 1-2 Marketing Managers as direct reports to drive market expertise and development of identified target markets.
– Oversee maintenance and expansion of existing specialty segments in cooperation with Regional Sales Directors, Key Account Managers, Innovation Portfolio Leaders, and any others who will support these efforts.
– Work with the Regional Sales Directors to provide guidance and leadership to the sales team for effective support of OMNOVA’s Value Proposition for new business opportunities to speed closure.
- Bachelors degree, MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ senior level B2B Marketing / sales / innovation experience within the Chemical industry with a minimum of 5 years in a strategic Marketing role
-Must possess strategic marketing mindset; demonstrated by successfully commercializing novel products or entering new markets
-Must be able to demonstrate the ability to segment a market and prioritize critical areas of focus for the business
– Must have demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
– Must have strong Project Management skills; particularly in driving critical projects through Stage Gate processes
– Must have demonstrated growth orientation and drive for results
– Must demonstrate strong business acumen
– Must possess the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the Specialty Chemicals industry
– Must possess strategic & organizational agility
– Must be able to manage ambiguity effectively, and be comfortable with managing multiple priorities
– Must have a proven track record of successfully developing, communicating and executing a market strategy to drive profitable growth through innovation
-Experience in the adhesives and sealants industry highly preferred
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.