OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
The Lead Lab Technician is responsible for Quality Lab activities including: testing per work instructions of raw material, in-process and finished goods, communication of test results, maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment, managing lab supplies, housekeeping and safe handling and disposal of pertinent testing chemicals. They may provide vacation coverage for Lab Technicians as needed. They interact daily with Production Technicians/Coordinators and/or product support personnel to analyze data for inconsistencies/trends, draw conclusions, define and implement corrective and preventive actions.
• Perform/record results/coordinate raw-material, in-process and finished-good quality testing per work instructions. Communicate results, analysis, conclusions and recommendations to Production Technicians/Coordinators, Lab Supervisor and/or Technical staff as necessary for corrective action and follow-up.
• Daily review Inspection Plans in SAP and file; handle bacteria reports and approvals in SAP.
• Provide support to Laboratory Supervisor which includes but is not limited to: directing the flow of work and assisting peers when needed to ensure efficiency, helping with new procedures and document reviews, ensuring ISO procedures are followed, and act as a back-up to the Lab Supervisor.
• Identify, lead and coordinate lab project work; e.g. Gage R&R studies, equipment calibrations, creation/maintenance of test work instructions, SAP changes, re-ordering necessary lab supplies, training others on new methods, procedures, processes and changes; requiring over-time duty as needed.
• Oversee calibration verifications.
• Assist in the troubleshooting, repairs, improvements of Analytical Equipment.
• Use email to communicate with all plant employees.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Drive compliance efforts – RCMS, ISO, PSM, OSHA, etc.
• Manage time to effectively perform multiple job tasks safety and accurately.
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.