OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
Reporting to the Innovations Portfolio Leader for Nonwovens and Tape& Adhesives portion of CAST segment, the applications scientist/engineer will be responsible for leading at least one new innovation project in the Nonwovens market segment and act as a team member for other product development opportunities. The applications scientist will engage with key stakeholders and lighthouse customers to successfully develop and deliver new products to the market for OMNOVA. This role will also help support technical service projects with applications expertise and have some customer face-time.
• Bachelors in either Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering, or related field
• 5-7 experience in technical R&D experience and with customer interface; Demonstrated ability for project leadership.
• Experience in Nonwovens/Textile manufacturing or R&D including substrate formation and functionalization (fiber, polymers, surface treatments, and bonding methods)
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision as part of a matrixed organization
• Must be able to demonstrate good team leadership and project management skills
• Effective communicator and active listener with solid interpersonal skills to foster strong customer relationships
• Ability to find unique and innovative solutions to address customer needs
• Agile multi-tasker who can prioritize work daily to meet project timelines and customer demands
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.