OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining OMNOVA’s strategic HRIS technology roadmap. This includes, but is not limited to directing the research, analysis, and selection of Human Resources technology and systems, the alignment of HRIS systems with other business applications, and implementation and maintenance of HRIS and HR processes. This role needs to understand business needs by collaborating with senior leadership, team members in HR and IT, and functional leads to determine business requirements and to work collaboratively to create systems that enables the HRIS to execute on strategic and tactical goals. This role is a balance between strategic thought leadership as well as a hands-on tactical role focused on delivery of a globally aligned strategic HR tools to be used by the leadership towards overall business success.
- Directs the development, timely and cost-effective implementation, and maintenance of the company’s HR systems to meet the organization's needs and business objectives. Current systems include: Lawson, Kronos, ADP, iCMS.
- Proactively manages external vendor relationships and contracts that support the HRIS initiatives. Regularly analyzes vendor proposals to evaluate partnerships that drive more value to the organization.
- Creates and maintains listing of all global HR technology related applications and contracts. Proactively tracks contract terms and conditions to ensure all service level agreements are met or exceeded.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships directly with HR leaders to ensure sufficient communication and support of HR technology plans and projects.
- Directs HRIS Change Management initiatives including communications and training for end users related to system implementations to drive behavior changes and adoption.
- Presents sound recommendations and prepares business cases for new and improved programs and platforms based on functional needs and/or operational changes.
- Directs ongoing data analysis and reporting requests with the goal to automate and standardize reporting.
- Ensures the necessary training plans are in place to meet training needs of end users for current and new systems.
- Ensures reviews, testing, and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or enhancements are conducted with required technical and functional stakeholders.
- Manages the user access, security, and change management processes for internal audit purposes.
- Bachelors Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Human Resources or related field
- 5 - 7 years HRIS implementation and support experience in a midsize organization
- Excellent project management skills; must be able to develop a project plan, manage costs and resources, and execute on commitments
- Demonstrated ability to manage HRIS technology platforms
- Project leader for HRIS implementation in a midsize organization with multiple sites; global experience is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of HRIS system administration and support experience; preference for candidates with Lawson experience
- Fundamental understanding of HR data, payroll, and finance business processes and their interdependencies.
- Demonstrated skills in managing resolutions, enhancements, upgrades and/or developments of new system functionality
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective business partnering and collaboration skills to ensure needs of functional stakeholders are met
- Full time, Monday through Friday. Must be available to support issues and requests on the off hours as needed.
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.