OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
Under the general direction of the Quality & Process Improvement Manager the Process Engineer provides technical leadership in order to drive embossing and coating process improvement, increase plant efficiencies, and support cost reduction initiatives
• Troubleshoot process/product problems, and lead problem solving efforts to improve plant performance
• Develop scope, provide pertinent information and participate in reviewing/ shaping the final design package, other operations-related capital projects. Support project implementation by reviewing installation, coordinating start-up of installed systems, training operators, documenting changes and updating procedures.
• Pro-actively monitor new technology for process optimization opportunities.
• Actively participate in business/customer satisfaction improvement programs such as Lean SixSigma, Quality, and others as required by business strategy.
• Continuously improves manufacturing capabilities with assigned plant processes and equipment. Align process capabilities with product requirements to insure Customer satisfaction while reducing costs of quality and eliminating waste.
• Optimizes process/plant throughput by defining operating constraints, optimizing constraining activities, managing implementation of projects to facilitate improvement efforts, invite and train standard work, rewrite/establish operating standards, and troubleshoot to ensure performance.
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Technical Discipline
• 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in Plant Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering function
• Excellent Project management skills
• Good computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and CAD.
• Functions effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work independently and see the big picture
• Work habits including effective planning, organized and time management a must.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving and facilitation skills
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt Preferred)
• Full time position,
• Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, some flexibility in hours is allowed. The employee must be available during the "core" work hours.
• This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
• Working knowledge of applicable OSHA (PSM), EPA (RMP) and DOT regulations and guidelines
• Experienced at developing detailed work procedures
• Knowledge of process controls, PLC experience.
• Mechanical and structural engineering experience.
• Knowledge of statistics
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.