OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
The Director of Global Logistics is responsible for the development and execution of a global logistics strategy focused on delivering cost effective and reliable international transportation and logistics management for OMNOVA’s global footprint. Leading regional teams of diverse logistics professionals in the U.S., France, China and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Operations, this role will lead the procurement of logistics services, management of providers for all modes of transportation (rail, marine and truck) and optimization of the organization’s warehouse footprint.
This individual will:
• Have strong international modal and trade expertise and experience;
• A demonstrated history of effectively balancing cost and delivery reliability;
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external partners, stakeholders and team members;
• Be proactive and solutions-oriented;
• Be a strong leader, coach and mentor
• Develop and execute a reliable and cost-effective global distribution and logistics operating strategy for all modes of transportation including Parcel, Air, LTL, Truckload, Bulk Tank Truck, Rail and Marine.
• Oversee day-to-day distribution and logistics operations in the US, EU and AP, including management of the rail fleet program.
• Manage procurement of logistics services, including negotiation of competitive rates, terms and service levels. Effectively manage the full portfolio of logistics and distribution providers.
• Manage global distribution and logistics budget and spend; effectively balancing cost and delivery reliability/service.
• Provide strong leadership and coaching to team members to effectively drive results through others and develop functional capability and competence. Assess, select, develop and retain key talent needed to effectively meet business goals and objectives.
• Manage and ensure compliance with international trade and customs requirements and programs.
• Identify and analyze continuous improvement opportunities throughout the global distribution and warehouse network. Ensure the global warehouse footprint is fully optimized to meet cost, service, reliability and delivery requirements.
• Lead and oversee the identification, tracking, analysis and communication of key process indicators (KPIs) and metrics focused on cost and service levels to drive operational and functional excellence.
• Effectively respond to changes in the business strategy and support execution of strategic growth plans and cost initiatives.
• Facilitate and lead appropriate risk analysis and contingency planning activities.
• Lead logistics related IT system implementations and ongoing management of current systems and data.
• Bachelors in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics or Related Field of Study
• Minimum of 10 years of international supply chain experience, including 5 years of strategic leadership experience.
• Must possess relevant experience leading a logistics strategy and overseeing international transportation activities across rail, truck and marine modes including bulk tank truck and container shipping.
• Demonstrated history of strong negotiation and effective cost management and provider/vendor management.
• Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, partners and team members.
• Experience leading broad and global scale projects and initiatives.
• Demonstrated history of effective assessment, selection, development and retention of talent. Strong coach and mentor to staff at all organizational levels, including early career professionals.
• Additional required competencies include strategic focus, global perspective, analysis and critical thinking.
• Experience within a Chemical manufacturing organization.
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.