OMNOVA Solutions is a specialty chemicals and functional surfaces company, whose technologies enhance the performance of a wide variety of well-known products across the globe. We are proud to offer "The Science in Better Brands."
The Manager or Analyst in FP&A is a key financial position at OMNOVA Headquarters that will partner with Division and Operations teammates to drive current operations and growth initiatives. This role is responsible for analyzing, preparing and interpreting financial data. This role owns analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning for one or multiple segments of the business. Beyond regular reporting and analysis, the generation of insights that lead to better results is an integral part of the role.
• Utilize financial acumen and conventions in all reporting and analysis
• Provide regular forecasts and actionable insights to improve business performance
• Drive business to achieve planned financial targets
• Complete periodic forecasts with SAP's BPC, annual budgets and long-range planning exercises
• Act as "CFO" for the segment of the business responsible for
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and analysis for segment and division
• Identify corrective actions and contingency planning as necessary to ensure that businesses achieve targets
• Provide thoughtful financial analysis and partnership to business managers to ensure strategic alignment and decision support
• Complete detailed ad hoc analyses to solve business issues and problems
• BS degree in Accounting / Finance - working knowledge of SAP (preferred) or other ERP system
• Working knowledge of Consolidation and Planning system (SAP BPC, Hyperion)
• 3+ years work experience in accounting or financial role
• 2+ years cost accounting/assistant controllership experience
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Business Intelligence tools (SAP BW preferred)
• Good organizational skills, and must possess a sense of urgency and strong work ethic
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal/communication skills
• Desire to be a part of a global business and operate in an dynamic environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
• High comfort level with communication to all levels of management
• Must be willing to embrace and implement change
The science of better careers. Come formulate yours.
Bring your ingredients for success and together we’ll create a unique plan for your development and career growth. We recognize that without our talented employees and their passion and curiosity (which really are the backbone of our organization), we would not be where we are today. Click here to learn more about why you should join OMNOVA.